on 4 April 2013
Good papers; I have just done Set A so far and checked my answers against the mark scheme. But be warned I have found two mistakes. Please note I am more than happy to be corrected here, but according to my understanding there are a couple of mistakes in the Set A booklets. Before you give them to your kids please note the following:

Paper 1 Set A no.5 should read that the equation for line B is y = x - 7 not y = x + 7 at is stated.
Paper 2 Set A no.13 says the answer is 119 - but the range is 10 and the mean is 123, so that is impossible - the answer should be 118.

I have not checked the other sets yet.

Update to the above review: Found a few more mistakes - contacted Scholastic who acknowledged the mistakes and sent me updated PDF copies of the corrections needed for particular pages in need of correction. They did say the papers would be corrected on reprint. But it is best to be aware of this issue if you have bought the first print copies.

Mistakes were as follows:
Those mentioned above and

In the Mark scheme.
Page 16, Q5 answer correct but workings incorrect - volume of cut-out should be 2 x 2 x 3
Page 19, Q6 graph point is indistinct so have included an acceptable range of answers between 70 and 90miles.
Page 20, Q11 one of the 3 answers incorrect - should be 0 degrees C not 0.6.
Page 23, Q14 answers correct but given in the wring order.

Enjoy!
on 26 May 2013
I ordered the Maths Level 6 Papers in preparation of this test for a child. The first paper we worked through, I found a mistake. Not something I expect at such a crucial time and for such an important test.

Overall a good idea although I do think an example of "how to calculate" for children would be good rather than just a marks scheme.
on 7 January 2015
very good practice tests, will recommend them to my family and friends. my daughter and I really enjoyed doing this tests. they are very challenging and they cover a lot even though they are only 6 tests.
on 15 May 2013
I was really glad I bought these for my child. They are very similar in style and level to the real level 6 SATS papers. There are very few actual past papers for level 6 maths because it was only introduced in 2012, so these were a great addition to our preparation. There are three calculator papers and three non-calculator papers and the pack includes answers.
on 21 February 2014
Sent for this as it says in line with 2014. Received book promptly but it was in line with 2013. Was again promptly sent a new set again low and behold still 2013. Doubt they actually have a set that is in line with 2014. Now have to bother trying to send back a second set! Very disappointed and will be staying away from such books from this company again. Interestingly when I read further reviews on Scholastic clearly this isn't the first time they have been unable to deliver the books advertised.
on 4 April 2014
This is a very good book for all the students who are aiming to achieve Level 6 in Maths. It covers all the topics expected to be asked in a Level 6 paper. Highly recommended.
on 2 April 2014
I bought these practise papers after reading claims like 100% in line with 2014 tests. This is simply not true. The paper contains vocabulary and questions that are not in the current curriculum. My school Maths coordinator has contacted QCA and the DFE after my class sat a practise test. He was told Scholastic had no information as to what the new test would be like, there have been no consultations with any publishers and the best advice for yr 6 teachers is to use past papers without a calculator. Do not buy, they are a waste of money and will only serve to frighten yr 6 children
on 14 May 2014
Great for supporting achieving level 6. This book supports and stretches the able 10-11 yr but the answers could have done with better explanation.
on 16 April 2015
Very helpful as one more resource to help in SATs prep.
on 1 April 2015
Very helpful item. Fast delivery. Thanks.