on 31 December 2014
City of bones is a good read, start of a long story about vampires, werewolves, shadow hunters and the like.
Clarys world is turned upside down after a chance meeting in a nightclub. Her mother is kidnapped and her mums best friend disappears. The trio she meets show her a world hidden from the "mundane" race and she begins a race to find the mortal cup.
This book sets the scene for many more episodes for Clary and her friends.
on 30 December 2017
What a great start to the series, on with the next book. Loving bane and his quirky nature hopefully there will be more of him in book 2.
on 16 May 2017
I love Cassandra Clare's books and i am so glad to get this book to put on my book shelf with the rest of the mortal instruments books
on 28 January 2014
Just finished reading this and can't believe how good it was even from the very first chapter I was hooked there's just so much going on I've just purchased the film today and the second book city of ashes can't wait to find out what will happen next to Jace and Clary if you haven't read this I would definitely recommend this book it's a must have to any collection you won't be disappointed.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 May 2017
A very good read that had me turning the pages til the end.
I would recommend this book. I really enjoyed reading about Cleary and jase.
on 4 April 2017
It's unfortunate that I found out a significant event in the 1st chapter rather than the last. Amazon please sort this out!
on 7 October 2017
Download ed this book even though I have it paper form
but I have to confess I am a big shadowhunter fan.
on 1 December 2017
IMHO rather reliant on the oath beaten by Twilight and its ilk, but this is one of the best of its type.
on 13 July 2017
Loved it, having seen the TV series wanted to read the books, same characters that I loved, difference was there was More depth to the story and it was darker.
on 4 September 2017
This is for my daughter, she loves the Shadowhunter books. The book arrived in good condition.