on 29 November 2014
It may be excellent for someone who has not idea at all of what photo editing is; however, if you have some basic knowledge of the matter, I think this book is not for you. I wanted to do some basic photo editing and corrections with photoshop for the first time, and it is extremely difficult to link the descriptions of the book with how you have to operate within the actual tool (which buttons to press to enable the functions, how and when). With a lot of frustration, I decided to stop searching in the book and to follow frame by frame some free examples of photoshop editing in youtube. This really worked well and I learned very quickly the basic things I wanted and needed to know to work with the tool for my little work.
on 2 September 2016
Cant understand half of what was written
on 26 April 2017
Good, comprehensive text, well presented.
on 6 November 2017
Great book
on 6 April 2017
Amazing book!
on 3 January 2016
Don't bother with this book it is beyond useless
on 4 July 2016
This book has much useful information for people who are already familiar with the basics of CC and if it was aimed at those people I would have given it 4 stars. I am not unintelligent and have some experience with earlier Photoshop programs but I found this difficult and confusing. There is far too much unnecessary verbosity, and use of words and language that a beginner would not understand. So much time is taken telling you 'WHAT' can be done in CC but not clearly 'HOW' to do it.

If you are already OK with the basics it's 4 stars. If you are a beginner it's 1 star. I firmly consider that this should definitely not be in the 'For Dummies' category.
VINE VOICEon 23 July 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Well, I've had Photoshop on my PC off and on for some years and I've never got really 'into' it. I get confused with even the basic photo-editing software and people have tried to show me the basics, but I forget what they have taught me. Anyhow, this book could well be my saviour, as it is something that I can dip into when necessary and learn the rudiments of Photoshop. Like all Dummies books they are presented clearly and thoroughly so you can learn so much. It's not a book to read from cover to cover, but more for reference.

This book leads you through what Photoshop is actually intended for and installing the actual software. Each chapter works through the processes involved with photo-editing and what you can do and go about doing it. The complicated menus and drop-downs are explained and how to access certain aspects on the programme. Layers have always been a huge problem for me and now I am working through the rudiments of using them to create better pictures. I'm not a fan of over photoshopped images, preferring the original photograph to speak for itself rather than it becoming the diminished base for an over-edition piece of art.

I know I won't become an avid devotee of Photoshop, as I haven't the patience, but I know this book will help me in my quest to master some if not all of the elements of this software programme.
VINE VOICEon 11 September 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As ever the "For Dummies" series provides an excellent guide. This book has just the right amount of detail to enable the reader to fully utilise Photoshop without over complicating things. While the book is readable enough to work through it from start to finish, it works better as a guide to dip in as needed. Bare in mind that Photoshop can be complicated if attempting more than the most basic operations so don't actually expect this to be 'for dummies'.
on 18 February 2016
Not in the least helpful, in fact just the opposite. The person who wrote it got carried away with his own verbosity. All that was needed were some very simple instructions and all we got was verbal diarrhoea. ......J Keith Hustler