Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 September 2015
This is beautifully filled with a large collection of thoughts from a diverse range of public figures. Each person explains the reason behind their chosen extract or image, what it means to them and what it tells us about the war.

These extracts manage to be funny, endearing and moving while also piercing the reader. They are a wonderful mixture of poems, comic strips, letters, scripts and photographs that allow the reader an insight into the very nature of the war.

Only remembered has a scrapbook feel which pays tribute to everyone who was part of World War I. A moving and endearing read.
on 3 November 2015
It was ok but it lagged on a bit
on 13 September 2014
(Provided by netgalley in exchange for an honest review)
This is an anthology of works by various people relating to WWI. I’m kind of a history buff so I found this really interesting and I loved reading the different stories written by various people, including celebrities. I also enjoyed the variety of content in the anthology as it included things such as songs and comic strips from the war, I liked how accessible to a variety of people that made it. This book was a really thought provoking, lovely anthology and I’m glad I gave it a go.
on 11 June 2015
Yet another great book by Michael Morpugo. Have now bought several from Amazon for my 15 year old grandson. Some we have read ourselves . Most of us will have also seen the film "War Horse" -one of his books that our grandson enjoyed.
on 27 November 2014
Anything Michael Morpurgo does is very good. And this is about the often forgotten bravery and ultimate sacrifice of soldiers in the War so that we may live in peace..
on 2 March 2015
Daughter shed tears reading this book, bought for my auntie as a Xmas present, she said it brought back memories of her uncles going to war and never to return.
on 5 November 2014
Many different personal views by well and not so well known people on a wide range of aspects of the war.
on 5 September 2014
Wonderful book beautifully written bought more than a few tears to my eyes I couldn't stop crying. A fitting tribute to the many we owe more than words can ever repay.
on 13 January 2015
Excellent book, very popular with all those who received it as a present.
on 29 August 2014