Wave Me Goodbye
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 June 2017
Another Jacqueline Wilson book that doesn't fail to disappoint, not that I have read myself. My daughter cannot seem to get enough of this woman writings. she is getting quite the collection
12 people found this helpful
on 26 May 2017
Purchased for my Grandaughter who is a great fan she said its a very good read
11 people found this helpful
on 3 June 2018
Honestly, I wouldn't bother reading this book if you've already read Queenie by JW. It's basically the same book, except this time it's set in WW2. Shirley is a carbon copy of Elsie - very imaginative, pretends to be an amazing ballerina, gets picked on at school etc; her mum is very similar to Elsie's mum - pushy, is very *close* to her boss, even works as a secretary; many of the plot points are the same - the list goes on. It just seems to me JW is running out of ideas. Also, there is no proper storyline, it just feels like she was scrabbling around to find something to make the book longer most of the time. All in all, wouldn't recommend. If you want an interesting story about evacuation/WW2, look elsewhere.
on 11 June 2017
My son loved this book and read it in under a week, he highly recommends it
4 people found this helpful
on 23 June 2017
My granddaughter love's this book is would recommend it for children over 8 year's old she says it's realyour interesting
5 people found this helpful
on 16 August 2017
Got for my wife, as she was a Hitler-war evacuee to a Dartmoor village in Devon. She reports that she found it sad and funny - enjoyed it, read it for three or four hours continuously and completed it the next day. I spent a wee while identifying the location, seems to have changed a lot. My wife's billet has hardly changed at all.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 July 2017
Given to a relative to read to his grandsons. Very well received and the 11 year old read it himself. Will recommend to others.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2017
Twin granddaughters loved this. Once started they were completely hooked and found it hard to put down until finished. They argued over it as we started reading it outloud together, and both wanted to be the first to finish it.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 June 2017
I thought that this was an amazing book and I extremely enjoyed reading it because it was set in the past in World War 2 and it made me feel like I was really there.
3 people found this helpful
on 2 June 2017
great book as always, amazing x
4 people found this helpful