on 31 October 2013
I've been a fan of David Beckham since he burst on to the scene for Manchester United when I was aged 12, one of those people of whom anyone would find it hard to have any animosity towards, a hardworking individual who wasn't born blessed with amazing skills or pace but someone who worked hard at his game and became a great player despise some of his limitations, my only regret is that this book isn't solely about Manchester United ( club level wise) it would have been so perfect had he had his whole career and his favourite club, fantastic photos and all the chapters explain in detail eveyrtjng people need to know about the real David Beckham.
on 18 March 2015
This is a beautiful book......its a hardcover but no dustcover here....the picture is printed on quality hardback. The book looks and feels special in keeping with the Beckham brand. This is more of a pictorial autobiography with some writing rather than a detailed biography. Lovely book for any Beckham fan.....fantastic knock down price on Marketplace....glossy mags can cost more!
VINE VOICEon 18 May 2015
"David Beckham" by David Beckham is an A4-sized, hard-covered, glossy picture book with a few pages of David Beckham's written reflections in between. Across eight chapters (England part one, London, Manchester, England part two, Madrid, Los Angeles, Milan, Paris) Beckham "looks at some of the images from my career and talk about what I was feeling at the time."

Because this is not an autobiography, Beckham has done that already, it doesn't cover his whole life, e.g. the Alex Ferguson moment with the boot is not mentioned, but it does cover the major events of his career: the free-kick against Greece, the sending off versus Argentina, the treble season with United etc., and the pictures and words do cover his whole career, from boyhood teams to retirement at PSG. There are a few modelling pictures along the way too, for Beckham fans who enjoy that sort of thing.

Beckham also demonstrates his wry wit. On his sending off against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup he writes "I texted Victoria and asked her if she had seen what had happened. She replied straight away to say that it didn't seem as if I had done much wrong. That was reassuring to hear, although, to be fair, she was not a football expert."

Through the rest of the book Beckham's love for his family comes through, as well as how important hard work was to getting him to where he got too, and how important it is to reach the heights in any profession.

Altogether then a lavishly illustrated mini-autobiography of a superstar footballer that will satisfy all Beckham fans.
on 4 January 2014
Along with several hundred other fans we were asked if we would like our photo included in a montage of one of Davids photos - I was a lucky one and had my photo included (although you can't actually see anyone, unless you use the zoom on the website) so of course I had to buy the book, what a good move to sell a book….
on 19 February 2014
I had bought this book and the DVD class of 92 for my husband; a true red Man U fan and we both enjoyed it. I then bought both for a friend for his 60'th birthday another Man U fan. Fabulous book and fabulous DVD. Highly recommend it.
on 18 January 2014
My mum was pretty chuffed with this. It's not all pictures, there's some memoirs and autobiography text in there of important moments in the lovely Mr Beckham's life. My mum liked it :)
on 10 November 2013
As an admirer of David Beckham this volume provides dozens of images of this football icon. He is an amazingly good looking man and the photography captures his handsome features. Is there nothing that this man can't wear and look so ravishing.
on 3 December 2013
I have always been a big fan and this book sums him up and his career very well - a dedicated sportsman and a loving dad and husband. He will continue to be a big icon that he is and inspire others.
on 30 December 2013
Daughter in law's present for Christmas (one of them!)
She took back to London and read it, cover to cover, in under a week. Family joke was "...she even took D.B. to bed with her - but don't let V.B. know!"

Excellently written book - a worthy read.

Received this the day BEFORE Christmas even though it was 'estimated' for the day after Boxing day! Thank you for the swift despatch.
on 27 December 2013
This book was for a Christmas present for my Dad. My Dad's sister Annie was David's Landlady when he was young so the family have a soft spot for David and I thought this book would be a nice gift for my Dad. !!!