Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle The Grand Tour Prize Draw Shop now

Customer reviews

on 3 June 2014
I bought this as my daughter was struggling with the 11+ Bonds assessment papers books. This book very clearly explains how to do every type of maths problem that is covered in the 11+ exam and does so very clearly and simply. It also has a series of test questions at the start of each section so you know whether you need to cover that section in depth or not.

I would advise this book for use at the very start of 11+ practise if possible. By introducing the correct methods early I think it will help with getting through the question books and moving up the levels. My daughter's understanding and ability to answer the questions was helped a great deal by having clear, concise explanations, and in truth mine was too as there were many types of question that I had forgotten how to do over that last 20 years! Not only that but it is full of useful tips (such as how to tell if a large number is divisible by various other numbers) etc.
on 18 May 2016
A good book that prepares your child for the 11+ entry exam. The explanations are clearly laid out and my son found the book easy to follow.
on 14 September 2017
Rubbish. Most pages had been written on. Although with pencil a lot of it still shows through after rubbing out
on 28 November 2012
So please with this product. As my daughter is preparing for 11+, I think its a best book. It is teaching me as well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 July 2010
An excellent resource for both parents, pupils and tutors preparing for the 11+/Entrance Exam for Grammar Schools. It is a very useful complement to the 11+ practice papers as it helps to identify pupils' strengths and weaknesses whilst revising the main topics required for the exam. It has been a godsend to us. Highly recommended.
on 25 July 2011
This book is brilliant - it goes right through the maths needed from basics up to advanced. It really helped me to pinpoint my son's weaknesses and where he had not understood the logic of certain concepts like fractions. He stands a much better chance of passing the exam now and even if he doesn't, his maths is much more solid.
on 9 July 2010
A very well organised book going through all the topics needed for 11 plus exam. It taught me how to explain ratio in a simpler way. Key facts gather all the knowledge a child should have. Well worth the money. Plus a bonus: 1 practice test included.
on 13 April 2011
Got my kid out of kumon due to the repititive nature of assignments. Found this book very practical and useful in teaching my kid in a structured manner. Knowing Maths and Teaching Maths are 2 different things and this book helped bridge the gap.
on 9 June 2010
I found this book to be very helpful for me to assist my son with his revision. The content is very clear and very easy to follow. I would recommend this to anyone following the Bonds 11+ 10 minute tests and the test papers.
on 15 August 2011
This book is really well organised. It tackles each topic in turn. There is a short test at the beginning of each section so you can see how well your child understands the topic before you look at the information. It's very useful for identifying areas you need to work on and those you don't need to worry about. I would say this is a good bridging book for maths when your child is moving up to secondary school, regardless of whether they are sitting entrance tests or not.