Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 December 2011
This is a decent homework book written for children who are at the beginning of Reception. Nothing really stands out about this exercise book except the exercises are similar to the in-class ones given by my son's teachers. The questions were written in simple language and they are easy to understand by young children. The exercises were fairly easy. My 5 year old son completed the questions all my himself. It gave my little boy a sense of confidence in dealing with homework in general. For this reason alone, I am happy with it.

Note: Parents need to work out the answers as there is no answer/ solution for this workbook.
on 4 September 2011
Got this for my year 1 boy, mostly for him to keep his older brother company with homework, was amazed by how much he loved it. The emphasis is on visual comprehension which surprised me but encourages the child to look at the book, which is the beginning of comprehension. Finished in good humour in double quick time.
on 7 December 2011
This is a great book. Good mix of activities to challenge a 7 yr old. Have bought the entire range.
on 22 April 2013
This book has helped my son who was 6 at the time, improve tremendously in his comprehension and has moved up several grades in his literacy target set by school. The book is easy to use for a child who can read.
on 24 September 2015
Perfect for over the summer review. It's not a bad thing to have handy on rainy days. The pages are fun so it doesn't look to much like school work and for my daughter who loves to play school it works perfect.
on 2 November 2013
My daughter loved this book had short stories to follow then answer questions, this had helped her in her comprehension and to follow through the story to answer it correctly.
on 11 January 2014
I bought this as a test to see the quality and how my kids liked it. I am very very satisfied and will be ordering more. It kept both my 4 and 6 year old solidly occupied for over an hour. Very good value for money.
on 3 March 2014
I use this in 1:1 tuition with pupils who have had to work hard to learn to read and now need to catch up on reading and comprehending. Very good value for money.
on 14 July 2013
I have the whole set so I was really pleased to have this too. Very good for younger or less able readers to develop their skills. Nice range of texts.
on 29 December 2011
Easy to understand text. Suitable for LA readers. Good little book. Kids loved it. Nice pictures to go with text.