on 15 November 2008
I was recommended this book by a colleague who has just completed her NVQ3, and had used the previous edition. I am now about one third of the way through my NVQ and thus far this book has been invaluable. It is clearly written, with lots of practical advice tips and links to help you gain the information you need. The portfolio activities are stimulating and make you seriously consider WHY you do what you do, and WHAT you could do to improve your performance.

I am only too pleased to recommend this book highly!
on 22 April 2009
This book is a must for anyone who is enrolled on the NVQ Supporting Teaching and Learning level 3. Each chapter is closely matched to the units on the course and most of the evidence required for the underpinning knowledge is well covered. It is written in a non technical clear style which is easily understood and makes students relate the theory to practice. Excellent and well worth the money!
on 27 October 2010
Absolutely a must have if you're doing this course. It helps explain so many things you are taught but it's the extra little handy hints and tips it offers that make it invaluable. It explains everything easily and helps you set everything out as is required. The help it has given me during this course has been more than enough to see me through, not sure if I would have remembered everything if I didn't have it !!!
on 2 March 2009
Fab book would recommend to anyone doing NVQ2 or NVQ3 has all the background knowledge you need. Plus the questions have the reference numbers relating to the book.
on 25 February 2009
After recommendation from a friend bought this book for my course work worth every penny. Book is very illustrative and easy to understand.
on 2 May 2010
This book was recommended to me by my assessor and she obviously knew what she was talking about. A must for all those taking their NVQ3.
on 24 March 2016
I ordered this item as part of my teaching and learning support course.
The book arrived in good time and well packaged .

The book itself is very informative and easily readable but I have so far found two sections were information is incorrect, it would have been the time of publishing and some areas lack the detail needed to answer your question.
I have found Google more use than the book.
on 9 April 2010
The reason I have given this book 5 stars is because of the content, direction and help it gives to achieve gaining your level 3 Teaching Assistant's creditation. If anyone doing their Level 3, this book is an asset to their library of knowledge. With the help of this publication I achieved my goal in getting my NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant's Certification. Thank you Amazon for if it had not been for you stocking this pulication I probaly would not have achieved my goal.
on 3 August 2013
I recently bought this book for help writing my assignments for NCFE Support work in schools Level 2 certificate.
It is very detailed as it geared towards someone already working within a school environment, but the information is still very easy to understand. I do not start work until the new term but can still relate to all of the information.
It will be very useful when I'm doing my NVQ's, I'll consider it as a head start.
on 10 August 2010
The book was delivered when expected.
My wife recommends this book to anyone doing an NVQ 3, it helps with the knowledge.