on 1 July 2012
This is utterly essential if you want to explore as many locations as possible without being dragged down by the storyline. I completed this months ago and have been exploring at my own leisure for at least 2 months, with hundreds more locations yet to be found, it's an awe inspiring game. Unfortunately I believe I'm beginning to experience the infamous 'Rimlag' for the first time since the patch that supposedly fixed it permanently on PS3, my save file is 11 megabytes and when I tried playing it recently it kept lagging badly every 10 seconds. I didn't save so switched it off and haven't played it since, I'm hoping it was just that snowy area that was putting a strain on the PS3, otherwise I'd be very disappointed. I don't want the game to lag like this when I still have so many locations yet to be explored. I will play it again today to see what happens, I really hope that was a one off because this game is the 2nd best purchase I've made on PS3 behind COD4 which I've put thousands of hours into and made lots of new friends online and in real life.

The guide lays out every location in detail, even the unlisted locations or 'random events' you see when traversing the landscape, with maps for many locations, step by step guides on how to beat every cave and dungeon, and everything else you can think of laid out in great depth - every character, weapon, collectable, quest, everything is in this hefty hefty guide. It's pricey but you get what you pay for. I use it every time I play the game now.
on 14 November 2015
Shor's Bones, this is a good book! I've played well over 500 hours of Skyrim and I know my way around so I don't really use it as a game guide so much as a book to read at my leisure. At a whopping 1500 pages, it has literally everything you need to know about Skyrim, from the big to the small.

NPC's, Quests, Items, it has it all. The book is sturdy, the pages are glossy and smooth and even looks wonderful just sitting on my bookshelf!

I wouldn't say it's a must have in order to play skyrim, but if you're a fan of the game and want to go one step further, it's definitely a solid investment.
on 22 March 2015
This is so helpful! I only have 45 hours of play time, but this has helped me no end. I don't like to follow it as an 'instruction book' but it is great for dipping in when stuck on something. The map is up on my wall, it is a shame it is double sided as only one side is viewable at a time, but it is good printed quality, and shows how many locations there are in Skyrim! The other non-quest pages are also very useful, and help you get much more out of the game. Others have commented that the book is a bit unwieldy in size, but I have found it easy to use whilst playing. Overall I would recommend this for helping and enriching the Skyrim playing experience.
on 25 September 2014
If you thought you mastered the game before reading this then you're sure to be corrected. This bible of Skyrim completely blew my mind. The guide gives you an absolute mammoth load of information including maps, class setups, and even mud-crabs.
If you're a gamer like me who has to absolutely complete everything in the game, then this is the book for you. My favourite feature: the locations of the stones for Azura. You can now rest easy knowing you can take them out of your inventory. Oh, and if you're looking to cap out your level, in depth guides on every skill as well as all the trainers in Skyrim can allow you just that!
If the Dovahkiin was Jesus, then this would be his bible.
on 14 July 2014
Great just what i needed :) ive used this book so many times when getting stuck on missions on this game, It shows you different options you can do as well, if i get stuck too much on a game or start getting anoyed i just tend to give up so i always like to get strategy guides they make playing the game more fun for me cz i can figure out what to do on quests easy without getting frustrated and stuck in the same cave or summat for ages lol It tells you everything about the game does this book its really handy even tells you about the different races u can be and what benefits they have
on 24 March 2014
This is one of the most comprehensive game guides I have ever encountered.....1117 pages, it's as big and as heavy as an Argos catalogue, crammed full of everything you could ever want to know about the game. I take my hat off to the author of this tome! I would say, "buy it, you won't regret it". My daughter bought this for me, and I bought another copy for a friend that plays the game. I floundered for a year with Skyrim, before I got my copy of the book....then it all became clear....there's so much you miss without the book, and so much more to be played. a definite 4 thumbs up from me :)
on 9 November 2013
A beautiful book - at 653 pages it is a huge representation of the game world space and packed full of hints, tips clues. The poster map is beautiful although the writing is a little hard to make out. The two sections on training are a great background to understanding how the levelling works, and how to go about building your character. It can be hard to find some of the side quests in the index as some are indexed under a main heading - so when you stumble on the quest 'A Night to Remember' it is in the index as 'Daedric Quest: A Night to Remember' - which if you don't know that this is one of the Daedric Quests, makes it hard to find!! Apart from this the book is a joy to dip into when you get stuck, to use as a guide to walkthrough whole quests to make sure you don't miss anything, or just to read when you aren't playing the game…
on 2 January 2015
Basing my review on the paperback version, which, internally, is identical. Packed with everything to help you out of a tight spot, make the most of the experience and give you details of everything you come across free-roaming (apart from any random products or events that are a result of dowloading the extra dlc, which will/do spill out into the main skyrim adventure).
I bought the hardback for my collection of ltd ed. game guides, and it makes a lovely edition.
on 16 May 2014
Ok, I'm a 600+ hours veteran and don't normally buy books of this sort.

However, as a birthday treat, and because I love the game so much, I indulged.

I think that this would spoil the game if you are just starting out, but as a guidebook once your established it is brilliant. There a numerous things that I wanted to work out, for instance, I have 50+ giant's toes and can't use them as they are quest locked - but I haven't picked up the quest yet.

Great book, lots of graphical content, maps, advice.
on 1 March 2014
This book is absolutely essential for casual players and hardcore fans alike, covering every aspect of the world of Skyrim. Every quest, from the main storyline and other questlines down to every possible side-quest is covered and the book also gives very handy hints and tips on how to complete many of the trickier quests. Tips and hints on characters and play-styles are also given, allowing you to really experiment with multiple play-throughs. As well as all this, the book also covers every single alchemy ingredient, all types of smithing and enchanting items, and pro tips on how to efficiently use them all. Definitely worth the money, an absolute gem that really boosts the value and enjoyment that can be gotten from the game. Only slight disappointment is that it doesn't cover the Hearthfires, Dawngaurd or Dragonborn expansions, but the rest of the highly detailed info in this book more than makes up for that.