on 15 September 2013
Gil Hasson takes her own advice and writes clearly. Her advice is useful, practical and succinct. It's not particularly insightful, but it's helpful and avoids the breathless exhortation and yards of padding found in many such books.

A book worth having, particularly anyone fresh to the workforce or lacking a little social savoir-faire.
on 8 January 2012
Before reading this, I thought communication at work was talking to colleagues. I now realise it's so much more complicated than that. This book is an absolute must for anyone wanting to improve their skills. I look forward to implementing my new found knowledge in the workplace. Loved it!!
on 12 January 2012
I read this book after reading another of the authors books: 'How to be assertive'. I really enjoy the writers style as it is frank, clear and straight to the point. This book was highly readable. I haven't read it from start to finish, but dipped in and out. I'd particularly recommend having a copy to refer to when next you are faced with a difficult person or situation. And the last couple of pages on 'how to shut someone up (nicely)' is brilliant!
on 17 May 2013
Was having trouble in work so this book has helped a lot in that aspect my boss has noticed a vast improvement.
on 15 January 2012
This is a useful book if you ever feel as though you are going round in circles when arguing with family or friends. It gives specific phrases and examples to use in different situations.
Since I am at the moment applying for jobs I found the chapter on networking and interview skills particularly helpful.
As you would expect from a book on communication skills it is written in a clear and concise way. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who, like me, sometimes finds it difficult to get their point across.
on 1 July 2013
This book had been recommended to me on a recent internal training course.

It's a quick insightful read. Well worth the money for the insight it provides.
on 18 January 2012
This book outlines the principles of communication and developing & improving your communication skills, giving helpful tips and recaps within each chapter.
I found the chapter on 'positive things one can do with written communication skills' very useful too - at last, guidance on email etiquette!
on 2 March 2014
easy to read with useful and practical tips. You aren't dragged down with theory and detail. I read it in about 3 days and am already applying some of the techniques.
on 17 February 2013
Easy to read, really useful practical tips and presented Ian way that feels do- able. Definitely a book to keep coming back to and learn something new every time you pick it up. Glad I read it.
on 5 September 2013
Very useful as a newly appointed assistant manager in a large company, lots of useful tips and suggestions to help with a new role