Customer reviews

3,216
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 May 2014
Having heard some not so flattering reviews when this first came out I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. After the success of the first 2 books (and films), and the long gap, I was sceptical.

****spoiler alert*****

I had created in my own mind, many years ago, a slightly idealistic and unrealistic future, where Bridget and Mark sail off into the sunset and live out the rest of their blissfully happy lives together. It's a slightly slow start with some surprising - and unpopular, judging by said reviews - turns to Bridget's life since Edge of Reason and I was slightly put off by this. But the writing is a welcome return to the original character and drew me in just like the first two books.

If you're not sure then give it a go, definitely worth it !
on 7 January 2014
Spoiler Alert!

Bridget Jones books read 3, BJ books enjoyed 3, times latest BJ book made me weep 3. Times Darcy's death made me cry 1. Urges to start affair with Roxter; too many to count, pages read before working out ending; not many at all.

I really enjoyed this, and it made me laugh and made me cry just as all the others did. The bits about Jones' children were the best by far.

I am not going to slate Fielding for killing off Darcy. Her books; her decision! I imagine this will be a film, with lots of Darcy flash backs. It will work, of that I am sure. Fielding is too good at her craft to fail. Stars given 4, stars lost, 1, for killing Darcy, but Roxter was lush and I love a happy ending!
on 26 January 2014
I thought this was dire and I could not get past the third chapter . I enjoyed the earlier novels but what works for a young single woman looking for romance does not work for a 51 year old woman. She can't cope with her children and doesn't appear to even like them. It's all about looking for a man and it comes across as desperate, shallow and self obsessed. Not funny and charming , just boring.
I was cross that I actually spent money on this and am amazed that this book got so much publicity. note to self - next time I pay for a book read a free sample first.
on 17 April 2017
I Loved Bridget and looked forward to reading this. What a disappointment, I really struggled. No real story line, too much reference to Twitter and texts, ending very predictable, with Christmas, snow, twinkling lights. I persevered out of loyalty but was relieved when I had at last finished, hoping against hope that it would improve. It didn't. It was almost as if Ms Fielding had dug up Bridget and couldn't bring her back to life or didn't even try to. Don't waste your time or money.
on 10 June 2017
Completely different to the third film but still a good read. I was worried by the bad reviews when it came out, so got it when it was on offer at 99p, but it was still an enjoyable easy read and still very 'Bridget' even though her life is very different. Worth a read if you've read the others/seen the films.
on 11 May 2017
Bridget is still Bridget and even if with the eco of a story already told it is esy reading a bit amusing in places.Lucky Bridget always landing on her feet with Mr right
on 23 October 2014
I really enjoyed the previous two books. Found this boring from the word go but persevered to the end hoping it would improve. It didn't.I have never given up on a book yet but came close to it several times. Don't understand the reasoning for killing off Mark Darcy and just couldn't relate to the Bridget Jones we all love.
on 5 March 2017
I'm only about a quarter of the way through this book, it's typical Bridget, life doesn't get any easier for her, bless her, even as Mrs Darcy.
on 26 November 2015
Hmmm..... Thought book one one of the funniest things I ever read, while two was cool. This though? Nah. Somehow tedious, if with some funnies. Somehow laboured.
on 10 November 2016
It's a good story that needs to be read!