Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 6 April 2017
I am giving 5 stars for I actually LOVE what I know about this illustrated book and own and regularly watch Raymond Briggs emphatic aderhing award winning animation film about his adorable mum and dad. The book is for my birthday so not got my hands on it yet, but I have read a lot about it and as I watch the film, I just know this is a winner. If only we all could write a book or make a film of our loved ones. This is probably personal but I love it.
on 13 October 2017
A poignant story of a marriage and family life, told with only a few words and many beautiful illustrations. One to come back to again and again. The storytelling is subtle, mixing the mundane actions of everyday life with the life-changing events surrounding them.
on 31 May 2017
Lovely book, nostalgia and a lot to read about which is an interesting era. I am keeping this book, as one day I would like to read again.
on 4 April 2017
Fabulous book. Bought as present, but would like a copy myself. Great for children or adults. Fabulous illustrations and story.
on 14 January 2017
set out like a comic book balloon speech type writing sad story also available on dvd
on 13 May 2017
perfect for a seven year old that saw the film at christmas time
on 24 August 2017
Like the DVD,captures the war years very well
on 24 June 2017
wonderful and moving book
on 18 June 2017
Great and funny read
on 18 April 2017
I bought this after watching the film on TV. It is just a lovely story, told with wit and charm. Bets buy for some time.