on 12 June 2013
This (5th) edition was done in 2004.
I got mine in 2006.
Yet there is still - incredibly - no mention whatsoever of PHP, which is around since the mid-1990s. All CGIs are apparently written in Perl, according to the Common Gateway Interface entry . . .

That said, it is far better than some other dictionaries of computing terminology, whose shortcomings are even more extensive.
The binding is of the truly basic "perfect bound" type -- i.e. single sheets stacked & gummed with a laminated cover slapped round the spine with the gum still wet. The sort of thing you'd expect in a Mills & Boom romance paperback. So it's clearly not designed to last more than a couple of years of vigorous use.

I don't recall what it cost me exactly - maybe around 10 - but I have no regrets in getting it.
It's good for fast reference and not as self-consciously fussy as Wikipedia.
For an elderly computing beginner, I suppose the Dictionary of Computing is perhaps too advanced: I had no idea the subject is so vast, and at top levels, really a branch of mathematics. However, I have found it of great help even at my elementary stage, and I don't know if there could have been a simpler volume. At all events, I am well satisfied with my purchase from Amazon, and particularly with the speed and efficiency of their service.
on 8 November 2011
Being an older-generation computer user, and not having been brought up in this technological age, this book is a 'Must' I just cannot remember all the computer slang so the book lays by by the side of my keyboard. I'm afraid I'm a rather sad case.
on 12 August 2012
I have long searched for an IT dictionary until I laid my hands on this one. It has got all the stuffs you would want as an IT professional.
on 1 February 2015
Very quick delivery,i haven't used it yet but it will come in handy when i read "New Understanding Computer Science for Advanced Level Fourth Edition."5/5
on 1 March 2013
The Oxford Dictionary of Computing Science is a great tool to have in your repertoire. It has everything you could possibly need as a Computing Engineer.
on 24 March 2002
Computing science is a real subject since this decade. Most of the knowledge are not gathered into text or theory. Most of them are just programming language without comprehensive and basic theory support. Most students find hard to link the fundamentals together. This dictionary gathers all the important terms and technical names in there, which helped the confused students to make their study a lot more easy.
Just buy it! It's a good reference.
on 4 April 2009
This is a really good computing reference book although there are things that should be in there but aren't (like EXIF for insatnce). Well worth the money and an essential book for any computer library.
on 5 July 2013
very well packaged, no signs or marks within the pages, a hard cover would be more fascinating, but unfortunately is too expensive
anyway, pretty interesting