Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 June 2008
This Lexicon comes in a few different sizes. The largest is expensive, and not something you could easily carry around with you unless you were engaging in weight lifting classes as well as Classics. However, it is replete with detailed examples of usage.

I have the Abridged version, of some 804 pages. I have found this to be perfectly adequate for assisting in reading Marcus Aurelius and Plato in the original. It contains many inflected forms of words as well, but not all accidence is covered.

The changing use of words is also provided - e.g. from the Classical to the Koine / New Testament usage.

The Abridged version is surprisingly portable yet meaty enough to warrant a prized position on my Classical Greek bookshelf... when it isn't in my hands helping to thwart my ignorance of a Greek sentence.
on 9 June 2012
The original edition dates from the late 19th century and was particularly suited for school use when the so-called "dead languages" were still taught.

I chose this reference as it is a trusted source I have previously seen referred to.

The printing is small but clear. I suggest that anyone interested in studying ancient Greek will find this lexicon a very useful companion.