on 27 January 2014
Susan Lewis's stories are always a joy to read. Her characters are real people caught up in everyday situations which the reader can relate to. Not always lilly-white or perfect, they are fallible and vulnerable like most of us.

When you start reading this story you may think from the first few chapters that the characters are leading perfect lives and you could find yourself being slightly bored, even indifferent to them but read on as all is not what is seems. Make sure you have a box of tissues handy unless you are completely hard-hearted!
on 19 March 2013
I loved this book, simple as this, when i read first bit i thought it would be a political thing but it turned out to be a very humanly touching story, it had me crying several times, its just life can be so cruel and we go by not noticing what happens to others and their suffering,
beautifully written, sad and touching.
on 23 November 2017
Good read, I was hooked
on 15 August 2016
This book was lovely. The subject was well researched and well written. Worth reading.
on 12 May 2018
I was so engrossed in the story I didn’t realise that it was almost over, I clicked next page and that was it! I just wish that she had told her in the story.
on 21 May 2014
I love Susan Lewis books every one is different and you cannot wait to see what the ending is like. This story was very sad and it makes you think about life!
on 26 February 2014
I enjoyed it as I do all of Susan Lewis books, but it was a very sad book!
I have a friend who has dementia so it reminded me of
what she must have gone through.
on 6 February 2014
Love all Susan Lewis books - this one was no exception really poignant story - with a sad ending but also very uplifting.
Susan Lewis puts a lot of research into her books. she gives a good understanding of Alzheimer's sad :(
on 17 September 2016
Good story love the author
on 14 March 2015
I found this book to be engrossing,. once I got immersed, I could not put it down. it is incredibly sad, but so many have to suffer like David and his family. .