Customer reviews

Fluent in 3 Months
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 April 2014
I'm currently only on Chapter 3 but I pre-ordered this book on the strength of Benny's excellent online language work and so far it does not disappoint. Learning languages has become a bit of a neglected subject but this book could be highly persuasive in encouraging more people to take up the discipline. Very easy to read, I've already picked up a bunch of useful tips and flicking ahead I can see many more suggestions and further guidance to come.

I would strongly recommend to those considering learning a language or perhaps in the early stages of learning - this book will definitely motivate you.
on 24 January 2015
I taught myself Spanish after reading the online PDF version Benny Lewis originally did. The advice was crucial to my success and the value is worth 100x that of which you have to pay for this book. I can't recommend this enough.
on 3 October 2014
Some useful methods and information, to get the results you really have to put the hours in which is the one thing I struggle with.
on 12 May 2014
Really motivated me and pushed me past my personal boundaries that were inhibiting me from making the progress I wanted to make. I have been told by several Portuguese people that I'm learning very quickly and that they are impressed! And I totally would have rated myself as one of those people who's just not good at languages and was never able to learn before....amazing! Thanks Benny!!!!
on 3 July 2014
Has plenty of good ideas and straight common sense about getting going in language learning. Plunging in and interacting in your target language is by far the best way to get over initial fear of being misunderstood or making a foo, of yourself. Very useful are the lists of tools and websites that may help.
on 23 September 2015
If only I could apply myself to learn it would be wonderful
on 18 December 2016
Item as described, No problems. Would buy from this vendor again.
on 29 August 2017
What he is really saying boils down to: practise lots and lots; make contact with others, preferably native speakers, with whom you can practise lots and lots. If you immerse yourself in your chosen language and practise several hours every day you could, by some definitions, be "fluent" in three months.
I found the book pretty boring and lacking any insights beyond the self evident and commonsense, hence 2 stars.
on 5 May 2014
I found the book quite useful for it's modern content re: internet sources. When I was learning languages at school the Internet didn't exist and we had to learn things parrot-fashion, which as the author explains, doesn't always make it stick!

I've given it 3 stars only as it didn't totally meet my requirements. I'm not in a position to travel and I don't have the ability to use some of the resources i.e Skype for online chatting to native speakers. If you're someone who can use this and some of the other facilites he mentions then you'll probably get a lot more out of the book than I felt I did.
on 9 April 2014
This book is amazing. It has no secret techniques but real practical experience and a lot of debunking of myths.

The real gem of this book is not only in building a solid foundation for language learning, but building up a great enthusiasm for doing so.

A month in and my Russian is going strong, my enthusiasm is holding and my foundation is the best fallback, all thanks to this book.