on 13 July 2016
This is an absolutely lovely book. My children enjoyed the original and I am really looking forward to reading this to my grandchildren. I would note one small warning though: some of the paper engineering is a little bit difficult for younger hands, and even adults need to practice it a few times, to make sure that they don't break the parts. It's also worth doing a dry run, on your own, to unstick some of the movements, which are a bit tacky on a newly purchased book. Also, take care to move the correct bits: some parts open like pages, while others involve pulling 'arrowed' tabs. Things get a lot easier after the book has been used a few times, but it's worth breaking it in carefully :-)
7 people found this helpful
on 14 August 2017
I was always jealous of people who had this book when I was a kid, so I bought it to read to my daughter. There is a lovely sense of nostalgia in the book (a milkman? The grocer boy?) but also a bit of "daddy works and mummy cooks the dinner". It's ok though-just a product of the time it was written. The illustrations are charming and simple and the size of the book is good to capture the gaze of kids. The length is good for baby bed time too.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2018
Such a favourite in our house, I'm not sure whether its because my son and I like reading about food or not haha, but it is always being requested at bedtime. I used to read this with my own mum as a child so it brings back nice memories. Friendly tiger, so not scary at all just before bed because nobody really wants that. I started reading it to my son when he was 3 and he is now 4 and still loves it, especially when the naughty tiger drinks all the water out of the taps. Adorable.
on 27 May 2016
These books were such a great price my kids love them and ask for them pretty much everyday! Luckily the books are great stories and really nice to read even after many many times, the pictures illustrate the story's really well and my children have so far not got bored of them. It's nice to have slightly longer stories in the form or board books as they are so well loved and they will Last for ages and they can easily turn the pages and there wont be any accidental rips. My children are 2 and 4 and the books are perfectly suited to their ages I look forward to getting more of the mog books.
on 11 March 2018
I am so glad I bought this for my 4 year old daughter. I remember loving the book as a child. It's so retro and cool; I found myself getting nostalgic. After we read it, my daughter ran up to my wife and explained to her how it is a 'classic'. In all seriousness, it is; this is why it is so highly rated. Enjoy.
on 11 March 2018
This is a childhood classic and a must for any child’s book collection. Despite being a bit “old fashioned” (who has a milkman or boy on a bike from the grocers visiting these days?) children love this story! I’ve been reading it to children for over 25 years and this year sees the 50th anniversary of the book! I bought a tiger onesie to go with it for our 2 year old nephew. I’m sure he will love being The Tiger Who Came to Tea!
2 people found this helpful
on 19 March 2016
A classic story that I enjoyed myself as a youngster and so purchased it to share with the children at the setting where I work who also love looking at this book with me. A far-fetched story of a tiger who came to tea one night and ate all the food in a little girls house. Beautiful illustrations that adults and children will both adore and children seem to find the hungry tiger pretty amusing! Timeless story to share with your little ones.
on 13 February 2017
My autistic son is very particular in what he likes and he LOVES this book. We have brought many copies not because of poor quality but because he's worn them out.
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 23 June 2018
Brilliant condition almost new .
I bought this on amazon warehouse deal and I’m delighted with the book .
My 3 year old boy loves the tiger and enjoy the story very much. Love the 50th anniversary edition version as well.
on 10 April 2016
I bought this as a gift because The Tiger Who Came to Tea is one of our favourite children's books. It was a very good price and great as a baby gift because they are both board books and therefore, almost, babyproof. The books aren't too big either which makes these easy to have on bookshelves or take with you when travelling with baby. As a boxed couple of books it made them feel more gift-like too.