on 23 November 2010
Georgia Nicolson is, without a doubt, my most missed literary character. It's just not the same without a new Georgia book every July, but luckily the hilarious Louise Rennison is back with a new series that's equally as wacky and *almost* as funny.

Tallulah is suitably nutty, just like her cousin Georgia (Yes! Cousin! Georgia is mentioned!). She's 14, never been kissed and on her way to a performing arts school full of loony teachers and students. Hilarity ensues, of course, and there's lots of talk of the Yorkshire moors, sheep, northern accents and scary owls called Connie. Oh, and many boys. After all, what's a Louise Rennison book without a handful of boys to choose from? My new personal favourite is crazy Cain, who just happens to be a bit of a dark-eyed stalker not far removed from Mark Big Gob. How these girls find boys like this, I'll never know!

It was always going to be hard for Rennison to live up to the Georgia books, but she's given it a good go. There are similarities to her previous series, mostly in the writing style and language used, though I was expecting that. After writing 10 books in the same series, I'm guessing it's quite hard to change your mindset and write something completely different.

Rennison has a certain formula, and that's what I love about her books: they're fun, mental and laugh-out-loud funny. They can be read again and again and, in my case, always are. I can't wait for the next volume, and Withering Tights is a great start to what I think could be a much loved series. Here's hoping Tallulah's knees look normal soon!
on 26 July 2015
When I was around 13 I read the Georgia Nicholson books and fell in love with them, when I finished the series I wanted to carry on
reading more Louise Rennison books. This book is so good for that in-between age and I would highly recommend them to all my friends! If your thinking about buying the two books go for it because they really are very good and witty, while also explaining all the thoughts that a teenager seems to have.
on 23 November 2016
This story was very entertaining and extremely funny. It's about a teenage girl who goes to a summer drama school. When I recieved the book it had a couple of dents and marks on the outside but only what you would have expected from a second hand book. The inside pages were in spectacular condition and I would definitely recommend this to teenagers from the age of twelve to sixteen.
on 4 January 2016
This was bought as a present for someone else but I ended up hearing it while driving in the car and found it quite amusing.

I am so not the target audience for this book, but like everything else, if you take off the blinkers you will enjoy life a lot more.
on 19 November 2011
Took me a while to get into this book, at least halfway through before i began to find it enjoyable at all. I think this book is best suited to readers who have not read the Georgia Nicholson series, otherwise its pretty disappointing. Obviously its meant for younger readers, but the constant references to "Cousin Georgia" are the few parts within the book that aren't completely boring (though seem out of place in the book, due to Tallulah never being mentioned in the Georgia series). Would be a good read for those under 16.
on 1 September 2011
I ordered the book quite early in July, and it didn't arrive until around the middle of August, after Amazon had sent me a replacement.
But it doesn't matter about the time it took for delivery, the book itself made up for that! Its such a funny book, and Tallulah is such a relatable character! Louise Rennison has definitely outdone herself with this book, as Tallulah is much more innocent than Georgia Nicholson and, if I'm honest, I was getting to find Georgia a little annoying. The other characters in this book are also hilarious - especially the boys! I seriously can't wait for the next book to come out in February!
on 2 May 2014
I am a twelve year old girl and I have never read Wuthering heights but I really enjoyed this book. Tallulah was a funny character and she has lots to learn on the way to her dream life of acting. I would recommend this book for girls ages around 11-13. I hope this helped.
on 7 November 2013
My daughter loved this book and could not put it down which is great as she loves reading and it keeps her interested in books
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 January 2015
Super smashing great fun and many moments of laugh out loud material.
on 29 August 2013
daughter is a big reader and asked me to download for holiday reading and she finished in no time as she really enjoyed it