Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
‹ Back to Help Community

Problem with Samsung UE46D7000 Smart TV and Amazon Instant Video App

554 replies Sort by

By N. Jarman, 26-Feb-2014 13:50 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Today (after amazon started prime instant video) I installed the Amazon Instant Video App on my Samsung UE46D7000 Smart TV (still has some lovefilm branding in logo) I logged in using my amazon account and I can see all the tiles indicating all the films and tv available for me. I can browse through all of these OK, so it is kind of working. I can go down into each tv series and select a season, get a list of episodes, select the episode. but then I just get the orange circle rotating in the middle of the grey screen. No content ever plays!

I am an Amazon Prime member, I have fibre optic broadband internet connection at 70Mbit :)

Has anybody else got this working on their Samsung Smart TV?

Thank you.

By Mr Brian Arden, 26-Feb-2014 14:10 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

In reply to N. Jarman

26-Feb-2014 13:50 Europe/London

Today (after amazon started prime instant video) I installed the Amazon Instant Video App on my Samsung UE46D7000 Smart TV (still has some lovefilm branding in logo) I logged in using my amazon account and I can see all the tiles indicating all the films and tv available for me. I can browse through all of these OK, so it is kind of working. I can go down into each tv series and select a season, get a list of episodes, select the episode. but then I just get the orange circle rotating in the middle of the grey screen. No content ever plays!

I am an Amazon Prime member, I have fibre optic broadband internet connection at 70Mbit :)

Has anybody else got this working on their Samsung Smart TV?

Same problem - menu all good and indicates that I have prime membership but when I try to play a film the orange circle appears and nothing happens.Worked fine yesterday before the 'switchover' and is still good on laptop and ipad.Problem with the samsung app?

26 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By N. Jarman, 26-Feb-2014 14:13 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

OK thanks for the confirmation of the same problem. I have forwarded this to amazon directly. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

5 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Mr Brian Arden, 26-Feb-2014 14:39 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Ditto.annoying as was fine until yesterday when I was a love film subscriber - they seem to update the app this morning.definitely not network connection speed related- -iplayer etc.all working fine.

7 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Mr carl downs, 26-Feb-2014 15:36 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Exactly the same for me orange circle of death, netflix works on TV, Amazon only works on desktop. Help line useless. Come on Amazon get it sorted out.

9 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Deleted by author on 26-Feb-2014 17:09 Europe/London

By Mr carl downs, 26-Feb-2014 15:42 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

In reply to LegoGirl

Deleted by author on 26-Feb-2014 17:09 Europe/London

Legogirl how does a link to how to resolve issues on desktops help for a TV?

6 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By LegoGirl, 26-Feb-2014 15:49 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

In reply to Mr carl downs

26-Feb-2014 15:42 Europe/London

Legogirl how does a link to how to resolve issues on desktops help for a TV?

Mr. downs: sorry, saw the word "desktop" in your post and missed your main point. I need another cup of coffee!

Aside from using the orange CONTACT US button to ask Amazon for help, here is an email specifically for feedback about Samsung streaming:

aiv-samsung-feedback@amazon.co.uk

Someone on another thread mentioned that their Samsung loaded an updated app this morning for Amazon which also isn't working for them, sounds like something got broken overnight.

3 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Louise, 26-Feb-2014 15:49 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Am hoping it is a glitch. Same thing. Helpdesk annoyingly unhelpful & telling me my tv isn't registered when my amazon account tells me otherwise. Deleted & reloaded the app, reset my internet...nothing working. If it's happening for a few people then maybe it will be resolved soon...although I'm not holding my breath

Thank you.

Thank you.

By N. Jarman, 26-Feb-2014 15:54 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Everybody needs to press orange "contact us" button on right of screen and let them know we are all suffering.

2 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By mike01, 26-Feb-2014 16:09 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Not working on my Samsung TV either

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Steve C, 26-Feb-2014 16:12 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Samsung UE40D5520 same problem help desk no help!

4 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By michael shergold, 26-Feb-2014 16:22 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

cannot play on full screen on my sony viao keeps freezing why??? can anybody help please.

1 person thinks this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Amazon Customer, 26-Feb-2014 16:24 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Not working on my Samsung. Keeps saying needs software update and when i did that it said there are no updates...It is working through my sons ps4 on his tv.

13 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By N. Jarman, 26-Feb-2014 16:25 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

In reply to michael shergold

26-Feb-2014 16:22 Europe/London

cannot play on full screen on my sony viao keeps freezing why??? can anybody help please.

Let's keep this on topic. This should be a seperate thread. Can you remove from this one please

Did this help answer the question? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Deleted by author on 26-Feb-2014 18:43 Europe/London

By kgb, 26-Feb-2014 16:58 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Amazon stream circle of death for me to on Samsung D5000. Emailed them. Will see if they bother replying.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Imyril, 26-Feb-2014 18:01 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Same problem here - it all works fine until you try to play content, at which point you get the endlessly spinning wheel of not actually loading anything.

Samsung UE46D6500

4 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By IamGullible, 26-Feb-2014 18:31 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Yes the same problem. Samsung TV is a year old, and every thing else works like Netflix, 4OD, YouTube etc etc, just Amazon Instant Video has this orange circle rotating in the middle of the screen if I want to watch anything. Household has one other smart TV, Sony, and Amazon Instant video works just fine, and also on the PS3. Internet speed is over 55 Mb/s on fibre so can't imagine any problem there, and the TV is connected by wire not wirelessly.

I have sent and email to Amazon customer services, hope they sort it out soon.

5 people think this reply helps answer the question. Do you? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Louise, 26-Feb-2014 19:09 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

I called the Amazon Instant video 'helpline' (0800 496 1366) a 2nd time & spoke to someone that was marginally more helpful. The depressing thing was I had to explain 10 times it wasn't me just being an idiot & other people were having the same problem. He didn't quite believe it could be the fact that there maybe problems their side.

He finally admitted that there had been quite a few problems with this transition & took down all my details, including model no of my Samsung & said a member of the technical team would get back to me. Alas, no one has contacted me but at least I now know that the people on the end of the 'helpdesk' are not technically equipped to actually help.

Not sure what to do now but I am really hoping that Amazon realise that there could be a fault & will resolve it somehow & that when I switch on tomorrow it will magically appear

Thank you.

Thank you.

By IamGullible, 26-Feb-2014 19:39 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

In reply to Louise

26-Feb-2014 19:09 Europe/London

I called the Amazon Instant video 'helpline' (0800 496 1366) a 2nd time & spoke to someone that was marginally more helpful. The depressing thing was I had to explain 10 times it wasn't me just being an idiot & other people were having the same problem. He didn't quite believe it could be the fact that there maybe problems their side.

He finally admitted that there had been quite a few problems with this transition & took down all my details, including model no of my Samsung & said a member of the technical team would get back to me. Alas, no one has contacted me but at least I now know that the people on the end of the 'helpdesk' are not technically equipped to actually help.

Not sure what to do now but I am really hoping that Amazon realise that there could be a fault & will resolve it somehow & that when I switch on tomorrow it will magically appear

<< when I switch on tomorrow it will magically appear >>

Well here's hoping :-)

I can watch it through the PS3, but the racket it's fan makes, intrudes terribly on the sound coming from TV. If many people complained, perhaps it might make some difference.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Mark, 26-Feb-2014 19:52 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Not working on my lg tv or ipad. Both telling me to switch. Have done and both devices registered according to my settings. This seems to be an app problem across the board.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By LegoGirl, 26-Feb-2014 19:55 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

In reply to Mark

26-Feb-2014 19:52 Europe/London

Not working on my lg tv or ipad. Both telling me to switch. Have done and both devices registered according to my settings. This seems to be an app problem across the board.

Mark: the message about switching is a different issue than the Samsung app problem. Others are reporting no problems with the iPad app in general.

For your account switching problem, contact Amazon directly if you haven't already done so. Orange CONTACT US button over there.
-------->

By the time they correct your account issues, maybe the Samsung app problem will be corrected as well. :)

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Mark, 26-Feb-2014 20:08 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Switching issue fixed. Ipad working. My LG tv has been infected with your Samsung orange ring of death. I blame you all... :-)

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Splyce, 26-Feb-2014 20:45 Europe/London Permalink Report abuse

Same problem here. UE40D7000. Fibre broadband. Spinning yellow wheel of boredom.

Sony PS3 - works perfectly.

I have emailed Amazon using the "contact us" button. I urge everyone else with this same issue to also email.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.co.uk site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.co.uk, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question

This question

Total replies 554
Initial question 26-Feb-2014 13:50 Europe/London
Latest reply 21-Jun-2016 22:25 Europe/London
Please try again.