About Delivery Preferences
Every time you place an order via the Shopping Basket, you can choose to either group your items into as few deliveries as possible or have each dispatched as it becomes available.
You can change your delivery preferences in Your Account at any time after placing your order as long as the order hasn’t entered the dispatch process yet.
- Group My Items Into As Few Deliveries As Possible
- Your order will be grouped into the fewest number of deliveries possible. This may mean that they take longer to dispatch, depending on availability, but there'll only be one per-delivery charge. Please be aware that items whose availability is listed as Not Yet Released or Back Ordered can potentially delay deliveries with this option.
- I want my items faster. Dispatch them as soon as they become available (at additional cost)
- Your items dispatch as they become available, beginning with those already in stock. You should choose this option if you want to receive your order quickly and the delivery may be delayed by the availability of a single item, for example. However, we'll charge you for the delivery of each parcel. If you're an Amazon Prime member you'll get the benefit of this delivery option at no additional cost.
The number of deliveries we make for your order depends on:
- Our fulfilment network
- If your order has unrelated items such as a book, a computer and a cordless drill, they may dispatch separately, depending on where in our fulfilment network they're located.
- Items requiring special delivery and handling (for example, items that are large and/or heavy)
- These items are marked on their product detail pages and will dispatch separately from other items in your order.
Note: You won't be charged more for delivery than was originally quoted to you at the time you placed your order.