Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Robin Hobb forum

Robin Hobb - Six Duchies tale UNPUBLISHED in the UK.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Oct 2012 01:09:41 BDT
Acinom says:
Does anyone have any idea when 'Words Like Coins' by Robin Hobb will be published here? It's a short story set in the Six Duchies, published as an e-book by Subterranean Press in the US.

Here's an exerpt:
http://fantasyhotlist.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/exclusive-excerpt-from-robin-hobbs.html

I hope they won't keep us waiting as long with the novella, 'The Dutiful Princess and the Piebald Prince'. It's due to be released in the US in early 2013.

Posted on 5 Sep 2015 14:19:59 BDT
Norma Grubb says:
I,too, would like to know from the author herself which order these books must be devoured.
I have finished the Kings Assassin trilogy any am about to start the Tawny Man trilogy.
But I am uncertain as to whether I should read anything else first?

Posted on 5 Sep 2015 15:02:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2015 15:06:54 BDT
Acinom says:
Haha, these books do lend themselves to being devoured! This is the chronological order, and also the order of publication of all her Realm of the Elderlings books, that really constitute one massive story.

Farseer Trilogy
Liveship Traders Trilogy
Tawny Man Trilogy
Rainwild Chronicles
Fitz and the Fool Trilogy

Tawny Man can be read straight after the Farseer books, but I would definitely recommend reading Liveships before getting stuck into Tawny Man. Without giving anything away, there are certain links between the trilogies and there is a particular element of the narrative that will be spoiled for you if you go straight into Tawny Man.

The Liveships trilogy is very enjoyable anyway, although it does start slowly. Takes a while to get going, but once it does...wow! You're in for a big treat, and a massive expansion of the scope of the story.

If you're going to skip any series then the Rainwild Chronicles is the obvious choice. They're not on the same level as the rest of the books. I'm not a big fan, though they're not awful. While they do add some extra information to the rest of the story, you won't be missing much if you skip them.

I would also recommend reading The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince before tackling the Fitz and the Fool books. By no means essential, but it adds a certain something. I'm being intentionally vague.

Hope that helps. Happy reading!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2015 07:39:53 BDT
Norma Grubb says:
Thank you, that was most helpful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Robin Hobb forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  9 Oct 2012
Latest post:  6 Sep 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers