Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire 7 Tablet Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

21 September 2017
 This is a great ferro rod and produces a really good shower of sparks when a hard knife spine is used to scrape it (see video and pictures).
The supplied scraper gets a reasonable amount of sparks flying but is really not up to the job when compared to the back of a knife so I'd only recommend using that if you didn't have a decent knife handy.
The supplied paracord handle is a nice touch and I'm pleased with this purchase - see the video where the sparks actually light the black plastic lid I was using to film against...now that is serious heat.
This would be a great rod for kids to use as they often get frustrated with small rods when they don't light natural tinder very well due to limited sparks.
It's pointless testing this rod on cotton wool as even a feeble spark will ignite that but trust me this will light anything you'd normally use as naturally sourced tinder very easily - highly recommended.
I will certainly be using this for my outdoor videos on my YouTube channel (Pondguru)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
7 people found this helpful