Select Your Cookie Preferences

We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads, including interest-based ads. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. If you do not want to accept all cookies or would like to learn more about how we use cookies, click "Customise cookies".

Customise Cookies

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 30 March 2011
Dave. It didn't look good. On the cover, is that water? Ice? A tree? I'm guessing it's supposed to be Source. And the mystical symbol there, looks like a surfer's tattoo, not something I recognise. Then I read that you're a "medical intuitive, channel of Source energy and information". I wasn't feeling a connection, Dave, but I hadn't started reading yet. Still, your beguiling smile and the fact that I like your specs made want to. That, and the fact that you clearly know something I don't.

The concepts of Healthy Mind: Healthy Body and Physician, heal thyself are as old as the hills, but your message is going a lot deeper than that, Dave. I started off the book feeling a little skeptical about our "innate healing abilities". I'm also less likely to accept a man as a teacher, so you had your work cut out in convincing me I'm the key to healing myself. It's going to be You Can Heal Your Life Because I Say So, I thought, recalling the power of Louise Hay's bestseller.

So it's testament to your open, conversational style of writing, that I found myself nodding my head as I turned the pages, getting real insights and inspiration from the careful selection of quotations and the examples of healing you've encountered. What I need from a self-help book is not just understanding but the tools to apply that knowledge to everyday life, and these are included, beginning with exercises to raise awareness of the underlying causes of pain and illness, and followed by the Five Steps to Health. I'm glad to note that this work does not simply concentrate on physical ailments; it also applies to depression and mental disorders. The section on repression is a must-read and a lesson to us all.

Thank you to for your encouraging manner, Dave; the way you get me to envision a perfect day for example: "Go back right now and write something!", and the way you acknowledge that some of this work might be difficult. It was reassuring to know that letting go of things like anger, although positive, can be hard work as this involves thinking and living in a new way, and the Ego doesn't like change. ("Your Ego would prefer you to hang on to resentments").

I like the way you refer to Source and let your readers decide how they define the Divine, as this shows respect and acceptance for all religions and spiritual beliefs. Some of your ideas seem so simple; "Focus on a positive vocabulary" for example, and yet they are huge behaviour-shifts. There's a life-time's work in here but the humour may cover that up a little; it makes for easier reading, changing vast concepts into applicable wisdom for the mind, body and spirit.

Thanks for sharing your gifts in this third-eye-opener of a book, Dave!
12 people found this helpful