Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Learn more

2 July 2017
I picked up this first collection in print format at a book event. If you are fond of a short story I can highly recommend -- there are 19 stories in the collection and there is an ear for dialogue here and a keen eye on the detail of ordinary lives in sometimes extraordinary circumstances. I thought "A Perfect Night for It" was excellent and the relationships so well observed. A "Northern Christmas Ghost Story" had one of the characters commenting on a detail of his recently passed Nan's life that he didn't know and that struck a chord with me, you find out about people and their peculiarities after they have gone. This is a showcase collection, some funny stories, some ghost stories, a modern take on an old fairy tale and a new faery tale. There is a prestigious competition short listed story in here too, and I am not surprised the author is being recognised. I understand she is now working on a full length novel, from the quality of the stories here I'd be keen to read more.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink