Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

11 May 2018
As soon as I read the blurb for this book I knew I just had to read it, plus coupled with that eye-catching cover, I had to dive straight in. A.B. Morgan has written a few books but I’m ashamed to say that this is the first one of hers that I’ve read. Wow, what a read it was – I was hooked right from the first chapter. I will be reading her other books as soon as I can now!

Stench opens up to a body of a woman being found under the floorboards of Rory Norton’s house. We then jump to Anna who is mourning the loss of her husband, she frequently talks to him and hears him and she wants to learn to ride a motorbike. I loved the two characters of Rory and Anna, Rory is very likeable and I loved how different Anna was. There is also a whole host of different characters throughout the book but I didn’t get confused with all of them.

A.B. Morgan has done a brilliant job with the mental health side of Anna – her experience and knowledge in the field really shines through. The book is quite slow-paced which I loved – the information we were getting throughout the read just made me want to read more. I was gripped and quickly devoured the book.

Stench is certainly a very different kind of read. It is different to what I expecting to read but it was different in a good way! A.B. Morgan’s writing style is just brilliant – it flows off the page and you soon get entwined into the characters’ lives. She has written a very clever book that will get inside your mind, you’ll think about it even when you’re not reading.

Stench is a gripping psychological thriller that had me glued to my kindle. The twists and turns that is thrown at us just blew me away and nothing prepared me for the end. My jaw was on the floor, I needed a stiff drink to recover from it all!

Absolutely brilliant!