Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now

5 March 2017
After my first cup of coffee I realised that, at last, I have the ability to make consistent coffee that isn't bitter. I just packed away my espresso machine because too many variables, bean type, grind, how much coffee in the puck and how much pressure to tamp it down. What can be better than a no-pressure drip onto freshly ground coffee?

But my first attempt was a disaster. You want to make one cup so you are attracted to the "2-4" button. You press it and nothing happens. I put my beans in and pressed "2-4" and all my beans were being grinded and quickly disappearing! I switched off and on again, beans still grinding. And again, beans still grinding! I switched off and rescued the grounds for another day. Selected Ground Coffee and I got my first cup. Then I twigged it!!

WARNING: You press the "2-10" button FIRST to select 2 cups minimum or cycle through the number of cups and THEN press "2-4" and select Beans or Ground. "2-4" doesn't state how many cups but rather the brewing method.

Also, I have a feeling it starts heating and distributing water as soon as water is in the reservoir so put the water in after your selections. I rate it at 5 stars because it delivered a great cup of coffee despite my misunderstanding of the instructions.
3 people found this helpful