13 August 2016
This is the third in the series and it lived up to the other two in spades. I loved the fourth part of the book the most. Fast paced as a rocket ship. Couldn't put it down. Beautiful descriptions as the author takes us through the drug and music time periods of the British, pacing the scene in the US but more mysterious as so much of the music scene originated in England. I loved the English words, so authentic, so romantic (almshouse being my fav) and the British slang...terrific!! I could see the difference between different social levels. Just so cool as I read. Put me right there.

Our intrepid heroes and heroines are growing up; making mistakes and learning the hard way as the author weaves so many villains through their lives. I don't want to spoil the critical parts of the deeper mystery so I will just say its a very well done set up starting with the first book. So much more than just the death of Jake. hint, hint.

The author has continued to give justice to her characterizations and her remarkable plotting. I feel like I live on the village myself and want to be part of their group. I could easily see this as a mini series. Epic British historical thriller. Who could resist?
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink