VINE VOICEon 8 November 2016
*Edited Review - please read additional text below*

A solid 5 stars for the series, but a technical point robs it of a star for me.

The Blu-ray image is incredible, pin sharp, astounding and...has a fair amount of motion judder. Also, characters tend to 'ghost' in a few scenes (Dekalog: One - watch Pavel and his Auntie run across the snow. Pavel seems to double at times. This does not happen on the DVD)

The DVD has a feint ghost of 'judder' in places, but is mostly smooth sailing. However, the picture quality is soft and loses so much detail.

Maybe it plays differently on various players, I'd welcome feedback, but I thought it mentioning for those of you interested.

***I received a reply in the comments from a gentleman who worked on this release, so have posted it below***

All discs should play perfectly with no motion judder provided your equipment is set up correctly to display the European TV framerate of 25 frames per second.

If both the player and television are European models, there should definitely be an optimum setting. I can't advise any more without knowing the model numbers.

(Full disclosure: I worked quite extensively on this project, and therefore have watched the encodes many, many times. If there'd been any judder baked into the master, I would definitely have noticed, and so would Arrow's QC team!)

****************************

I am going to check my settings, but for the record I do own a multi region Blu Ray player...maybe it was something to do with that? Also, smart TV's do seem to take on a life of their own in terms of playback. I shall check on another player I own and go through the settings and report back! Thanks to Arrow for getting back to me!
16 people found this helpful