Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

18 August 2016
Having lived both in Paris and London during my twenties, I can relate to both. Not that I lived in any kind of a similar situation to Orwell, but could vividly picture everything he described.
This a book to be 'lived', not read through, and I was disappointed to find I had come to its close.
Just as an aside, I enjoyed the author's closing comments about what he had learned. His comment about the Salvation Army brought memories flooding back of, many years ago, my father saying he would give nothing to the Salvation Army, ever agin. His own father had died, a very comfortably off gentleman, and he had much underwear, completely new, some still in its wrappers, long johns and such like. My father took it to the SA and it was refused out of hand. How very much use those garments could have been to their visitors.
Yes, there is SO much to be learned from this book.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink