14 August 2018
I have tried many bars. Grenade. Quest. PhD. None of them have ever made my insides feel the way these bars did.

So the texture is pretty good. What I can only describe as soft and fluffy.

The taste is sweet. A little too much for me but just preference.

Macros are decent.

And here's the problem:

As someone that can do 12 egg whites, shakes, meat etc throughout the day and still have reasonable bowel movements, I didn't give these much thought when I bought them. I throw all sorts of stuff in to my guts, these should be no problem, right? Wrong.

It began about 4 hours after consumption. The incredible feeling in my central midsection that was like a balloon that wouldn't deflate.
I first thought it might be a bug or food poisoning, but there was no nausea, just swelling. The feeling didn't plateau but instead worked it's way down my belly until I got a feeling that I can only describe as an explosion welling up in the pit of my stomach.

So I'm at work, an the farting begins. By this time, I know exactly what the cause of the problem is and think "I can pass this and nobody will know". After all, they're just protein bars and not beef and eggs.

I couldn't have been more wrong. The smell can only be described as dead rats mixed with vomit and eggs. Think about that for a minute.

Then it's time to go to the gents.

I sit down and...

You can figure the rest out.

Don't buy these bars please.
7 people found this helpful