Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Bohemian Rhapsody Bohemian Rhapsody Bohemian Rhapsody Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now

6 July 2016
This is the second book in the Once Twice Thrice series. I absolutely loved it!

Pippa is a wonderful character. She is Jamie's sister and was only briefly introduced in The Spell of Summer. Therefore, I was eager to get to know her better. She is married to David who, after a terrible accident eight months previously, is now living in a care home due to his injuries. They have three children, Liam (10), Sammy (7) and Becca (4). Trying to cope with the demands of her young family, and her guilt about her husband's accident, Pippa finds herself being drawn to her younger brother's best friend, Jimmy.

Jimmy is a fantastic character. I really liked him. He's not had an easy life and getting to know his past made me admire him for doing what he had to in order to survive. He has always had a crush on Pippa, but knew that her heart belonged to David. When Pippa unexpectedly lands back into his life, Jimmy is determined to be there for her as a friend if need be. However, his attraction to her is as strong as ever and there's no going back, even if it leads to heartbreak.

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book. I knew that I would be on a HUGE emotional roller coaster with this story, so before I started reading it, I stocked up on tissues. I am glad I did!

This is a hard review to write, as it is extremely difficult to not put in spoilers!! Therefore, in an effort not to gush, I have decided to keep this one short.

Although Pippa and Jimmy are the main focus of the story and the reader gets to see their points of view, Candy North's (Merri's best friend) story is told along side. I loved this, as it allowed me to see not only their thoughts and feelings but hers too. Pippa and Jimmy's attraction fairly sizzles on the page. They make a wonderful couple. But it was the beach scene with Jimmy and Liam that really tugged at my heart. I knew that Jimmy was a good man, but that scene made me fall for him myself.

The story kept me enthralled from beginning to end. The author has such a way with words that they pull you into the story and make you feel like you are living in it. The characters are extremely lifelike, full of flaws and insecurities. I love how relatable they are, even if you haven't had the same experience, you can empathize with them. My heart broke at every set back and flew at every hope and joy.

I reached the end of the book with bitter-sweet emotions; I don't know if there will be another book in the series. Although it doesn't finish on a cliffhanger, the author has left it ambiguous. I hope there will be another book, but only time will tell.

Dianna Hardy has written a wonderful contemporary romance with a magical twist. I love her fast paced writing style and the flow of the story was wonderful. I am a huge fan of this author's work. Her characters are lifelike, likable, and sexy.

As this story has a few scenes of a sensual nature that are a bit on the explicit side, I do not recommend this book to readers under 17. However, I highly recommend this book if you love contemporary or paranormal romance. - Lynn Worton
0Comment Report abuse Permalink