Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Green Book Green Book Green Book Learn more Fire 7 Tablet Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

3 April 2014
As originally seen at [...]:

I had this book on my “To Read List” for a long time. I was a little bit afraid that it would be the same as many other ghosts stories in YA books. First of all, I loved the way Alender writes. She doesn’t give away the important information, maintaining the suspense and mystery of the story. The characters are well built and the plot is consistent and interesting.

Alexis is perfect for the main character of this story. I couldn’t help feeling empathy for her in some parts of the story. Kasey is her younger sister, who has a passion for dolls of all types.

When Kasey starts acting weird and many strange things start happening at the same time, Alexis seems to be the only person of their family noticing it. She finds herself in a difficult situation, because she loves her sister, but Kasey is not the same person anymore (at least not every time) and her actions can seriously harm those around them, including their family and even Kasey herself.

Yes, it has some high school drama, but it doesn’t distract you from the other side of the plot. In fact, this teenage-life part of the plot it’s necessary for the whole plot to come together and make sense.

The descriptions are very well made, especially the ones about Alexis’ house. Many times I found myself picturing the characters in a house like the ones we see in horror movies, making the plot come alive in there.

It didn’t make me feel excited like the feeling I have sometimes that makes me want to keep reading more and more, but it’s an entertaining book and easy to read. After finishing reading this first book, I want to read the other books of the series.

It’s not a book that will keep you awake at night because you are afraid of what is in the dark, but it gave me chills now and then.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink