Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now shop by look Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 22 December 2017
I never thought I would say this but I think Love Actually may have actually (no pun intended) overtaken 'It's a wonderful life' to become my favourite Christmas film of all time. I've seen a lot of the classic and modern Christmas films and there aren't many which measure up to the quality of Love Actually.

Best romantic-comedy film of all time? I'll be honest: I'm your average bloke who doesn't tend to watch that genre (I haven't seen Bridget Jones's Diary) but I can say it's a very amusing film in parts and it made me feel all warm inside and put a smile on my grumpy face! The opening and closing scenes of the film take something which is so mundane and turn it into a magical experience which restores your faith in humanity.

The cast is exceptional and is chock-a-block with stars such as Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, Colin Firth, Keira Knightley and Rowan Atkinson. I was already a big fan of 'The Walking Dead' before I first saw Love Actually so it was really weird seeing Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) doing a British accent in a romcom (I'm aware he's British-just use to the American accent in TWD!)

In addition to the exceptional cast the soundtrack is absolutely amazing: Dido, Bay City Rollers, The Beach Boys, The Beatles (well, a cover of a Beatles song) and the choice of music for the scenes is faultless. There is a great scene in the film which you have probably already seen in an internet meme and that's Hugh Grant (who plays the British Prime Minister in the film) dancing to 'Jump (For My Love)' by the Pointer Sisters.

As for the plot, well it's pretty obvious it's all about romance-we see the journey of several couples/people about to become couples in the film and it's wonderful how it all comes together. If you haven't already seen it you're missing out big-time and I expect it will become a tradition for me to watch this every Christmas and who knows...maybe I'll have someone to share it with next Christmas!
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink