Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

22 August 2018
I am a big fan of short stories, as you will know if you have read my previous posts.  My first blog post was for A Little, Aloud Review a book of them.  Therefore I was thrilled to receive this book to review.
I found all the stories to be very thought provoking whilst exploring different themes.
In the first story Nark-Astra, the main character has to deal with overwhelming emotions which threaten to engulf his entire planet.  I was reminded of the saying ‘With great power comes great responsibility.’
I was impressed by the use of entire dialogue some stories, he uses the interviewer/interviewee style to great effect.
I really enjoyed Death by Crowd, because unfortunately you can really see this is where society is heading.  With our gradual desensitisation to violence, the premise of this story is entirely believable.  Another story set out in this way is Time Crawlers, a very interesting concept and really does make you think.
There is a lot of talk about of AI and time within the stories and although I don’t have an advanced understanding of these it does not detract from the book.  I found that it really captured my imagination and it makes me wonder how far down the road we are with AI in particular.  Only yesterday I heard a news piece, asking about to what extent AI will change the jobs market.
The book is only 100 pages long and is great for a great quick read but leaves you thinking about the different universes long after.
Time Crawlers is on special promotion today (August 22nd) and tomorrow.

0Comment Report abuse Permalink