Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire 7 Tablet Shop Now Learn More Learn more Shop now

20 March 2018
This is a modern treasure-box of curiosity, time and history, all connected to an intrepid, young woman named Rebecca.

“Bex” is destined to seek the answer to the mystery surrounding the manor house she’s just moved into with her brother, mother and father. Her character was the most developed as, an artist, a dreamer and believers in magical, woodland creatures.

It is a classic mystery, written in the style of the original Nancy Drew series. I was delighted when it produced a surge of nostalgia for this wonderful, story-telling style.

A moody, crumbling manor house setting in the British countryside is one of my favorite places to visit in a story, while the ghostly mist on the lake enhanced my experience. Then meeting the troublesome brother Bex openly calls “Twit” made me laugh out loud, sibling rivalry- oh yes! So many other thoughtful details brought me closer to the main character with a light, but gothic touch of mystery and the unknown. I was unsure until the very end how Bex would handle the eerie and strange, events leading up to her incredible discovery of what was really happening.

I highly recommend this lovely story to readers of all ages, especially to those who have always wondered what it might be like to unlock an ancient door and realize there is far more to the mysteries of life, than any of us might possibly imagine.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink