Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Mamma Mia 2 Mamma Mia 2 Mamma Mia 2 Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

28 March 2012
This is the most extraordinary book in the horror genre that I have read to date.
Being a fan of H.P Lovecraft, M.R.James, Stephen King; all the greats, I was amazed. This book comes from a completely different angle. As one other reviewer mentioned the book had a strange lingering effect, I had an uneasy feeling days after I'd turned the last page. It was so cleverly creepy! No werewolves, vampires or the like; yet extremely menacing, bordering on science fiction with strange outer dimensional beings. The story concerns Professor James Lowry and a missing four hours and a missing hat!
His quest for these items take him on an incredible journey far beyond the conventions of his quiet little Atworthy College Town, where he holds the position of professor of ethnology.
I can't say too much as I will leave it up to the reader to enjoy and interpret, but I will say that it has a shock ending, which after some reflection I realised amounted to pure genious!
I think this is the best book L. Ron Hubbard wrote.

Oh, and I did read it on one dark and stormy night in October after midnight!
6 people found this helpful