Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

17 June 2018
Dating blogs and stories are my catnip and no one does them better than Justin Myers (especially as The Guyliner on his Guardian Blind Date blog.) I once considered signing up for the Blind Date column to give him something to talk about but it was easier to buy the book and definietly more enjoyable.

I had high expectations for this novel and it was still even better than I expected. I loved that although my online dating history has been straight the descriptions of the dates were both universal and yet also unapologetically LGBTQ+. There was clever skewering and fond support of both worlds and I bought my girlfriend the book to show how lucky we were not to meet online via the dating apps I used to meet men but be introduced at a party.

I particularly liked that Jim is neither anti-hero or classic rom com character but a flawed human being. This meant the book escaped those dating/rom com tropes and kept the twists sharp throughout. It sits as a top class example of the genre and the fact it shows the LGBTQ+ world for once is a particular bonus.

In short: I loved it enough to almost pine for my dating days. Please buy it and review it so Justin can get back to blogging Blind Date so I don't get rose tinted enough glasses to think of reactivating Tinder out of curiosity....
0Comment Report abuse Permalink