Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

25 June 2018
I purchased this item around a month ago and have waited until I have thoroughly tested it before writing my review.

I purchased a similar but older model around 3.5 years ago. I have used it at least weekly since then for swimming and cycling but mainly running. Eventually it just gave up the ghost but only after over 3 years of heavy use. I feel my £55 expenditure for my original was worth it.

I looked for a replacement and as I trusted this brand by Sony I looked at this one and also the one with a Bluetooth remote. I didn't feel the added £50 on the price tag for a remote was commensurate with the effort required to move my hand to the side of my head and operate controls manually so opted for this version.

It does everything my old one did but can now sync with Bluetooth devices. I have swam, cycled and run now using it. The sound quality is excellent. This is with the water/swimming headphones in permanently so could potentially be even better with normal head phones.
The Bluetooth syncs easy. I have no problems with it coming out when swimming. Anyone doing serious swimming will likely have goggles so I use the strap to assist in securing them in place. Regards running and cycling they have never fallen out.

I am not the most tech savvy of people but find it easy to operate. It works like a data stick. Drag and drop so simple to upload music. The controls have moved ever so slightly from my original. They are also easier to find when wearing thin gloves. As I write this I can't remember what the changes are so that in itself is testament it is easy to get on with and you adapt to it.

In summary I purchased this to make swimming more fun and interesting. I had other devices for running and cycling but now this is my one go to device. I tend not to miss calls now when out cycling if using in Bluetooth mode.

All in all I am extremely happy with my purchase. I hope I get a good 3 years out of these too.

6 people found this helpful