11 October 2016
My Joby Gorillapod arrived two days before expected, it was a moment of serendipity when I opened my email and it stated that it had been dropped off, considering it came from Dunfermline, that's very impressive.

It's exactly what I was looking for, it can comfortably support a Canon 700D and the little spirit level that comes on the part that connects to the bottom of the camera makes setting a shot up extremely easy, I never use the on board leveller so the spirit level is great.

The tripod itself is strong, the first task it had was to be attached to the top of my other 6ft tripod in order to add some more height to it, I'm taller than my tripod so I wanted my camera to finally be at my height, I simply bent the legs round and just left it there for the entire 50+ minute session, never moved, never fell, I even walked out of the room several times and it stayed in the exact same place, so, as long as you wrap it round properly, you won't be left thinking your camera might smash to the floor.

Just as a footnote, if anybody is curious as to how you get the plate attached to the camera, it has a handy little button which releases the plate so you can put it on your camera, and then simply slide it back in and click it back into place. Also, for anybody worried about obstructing the battery port, don't worry, the tripod doesn't obstruct anything, you'll be able to simply slide another battery in no problem.

Great product, well worth the £51 I paid.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 people found this helpful