VINE VOICE
23 June 2013
I did a double take when I saw the picture on this series as I thought it was Diana Rigg in the Mrs Bradley series so was a little disappointed to see that it wasn't, especially when I saw that this was an Australian production as I have never rated anything from that stable - I could not have been more wrong. This is an absolutely super series. I had never seen it on Alibi as many other reviewers have said so I just decided to go for it based on other reviews - one in particular who seemed to share the same opinion as me on Aussie tv - and I am really glad that I did. The 1920's setting, costumes and social attitudes are portrayed brilliantly and the cast is also brilliantly put together, there's not one of them you can dislike and although Phynie is obviously the star it just seems that each character makes the stories and the closeness of the group they have formed complete. All the acting is really excellent. It is very cleverly written and the stories are not too gory at all so watching before bedtime is ok! The last two or three episodes of this series are quite tense but nothing to get scared about! Miss Fisher is the kind of person I would have loved to have had as a friend had I been around at the time - forthright, with a sense of justice and fairness, tolerant of all walks of life no matter how out of step everyone else says they are. She knows she sails close to the wind sometimes and seems to relish it in a daredevil kind of way. She is kind to people and they in turn give her loyalty - and support when she needs it. Truly - if you like this kind of thing normally you will love it - and if, like me, you've never cared for Aussie TV before give this a try anyway - you won't be disappointed. Roll on series 2
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink