Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Learn more

12 December 2018
Can the battle of good and evil be won through time travel? Lisa and her family must flee Malta and while on the run, she stumbles upon Exo, a sort of freeway consisting of memories and echoes from the past. When travelling the past, present and future, Lisa can communicate with shamans and help bring peace to the world. As each battle is re-enacted in Exo, there are lessons to be learned and steps to be taken. But at what cost? Will those travelling through Exo stop the evil incursions or is it inevitable?

Taking cues from Doctor Who and Star Trek, Chan creates a brand-new fantasy universe filled with philosophical questions. Time travel is risky, there are rules to obey and a true moral dilemma. Can you travel through the past without changing too much of the future?

There are a lot of characters with plenty of POVs. While I don’t care how many POVs there are in a story, I found the transitions choppy. I kept scratching my head trying to figure out what just happened. I got lost a few times and had to keep reading what I just read.

The characters themselves were fascinating and I had a few favorites. I loved Lisa as well as Kaelan. Opposing personalities in how they battle evil but both on the good side. Fleshed out, the characters were a delight to read.

The battle re-enactments of past historical events captivated me and stuck with me long after I finished reading. If you’re a fan of history, you’ll love these scenes.

If you’re like me and like an adventurous fantasy with plenty of action, pick this up today. It’s an exciting first book in the series and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Disclaimer: I received a copy from the author in the hopes I'd review it.

My Rating: 4 stars