17 March 2012
After years of dried pasta and bought "fresh" pasta, which are all fine in their own way, I decided to buy a machine and the Imperia seemed to fit the bill judging by the many ecstatic reviews on Amazon. Was delivered promptly, packaged well. I decided to use a cork mat, as someone else did to place underneath the worksurface where the clamp was to be screwed on, didn't want to mark the wood. This made the machine fit firmly as well, no moving about. Two sheets of kitchen roll folded lengthwise and threaded into the roller wiped the machine inside. I have to say I didn't refer to the setting up instructions, I looked at someone's video on U-tube explaining how to do this and other videos showing how to make the pasta and use the machine.

The first batch of pasta, made as a practice run did not seem to have become dirty inside the machine so we ate it, no point in throwing away good food. I made a lasagne which went down well and used the last small sheet of pasta in the cutter on the fine setting. This went into soup the next day and it worked well with a lovely spaghetti like texture and delicious flavour.

I have the spaghetti attachment on my wish list, but having used the fine cutter that comes with the machine, I don't think I need to get it and there are lots of shapes you can make just by using pieces of rolled out pasta, perhaps cut with a fluted cutter. If I had one grumble it is that you can't take the machine apart to wash it, but having used mine it certainly did not seem to be dirty - just needed brushing with a soft brush and a wipe over with a slightly damp cloth.
5 people found this helpful