Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire 7 Tablet Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

TOP 1000 REVIEWER
15 August 2015
I finally got round to buying this after seeing Michael Chapman a couple of times on his recent tour (at Otley and Leicester).
I've always loved his songs but wasn't sure that a double CD of primarily solo acoustic guitar would be something that would keep me interested. How wrong.
This is a collection of tunes that span most of his career that he has re-recorded for this release resulting in a sense of this all being a coherent set (as opposed to a "Greatest Hits"). The tunes span a number of genres but for the most part are either folk or blues in origin. However, irrespective of the basic style of any particular track, the reason this works as a whole, for me, is that everything here has a sense of drive/urgency.
If you know MC at all, then trust me, you need this. If you like guitar in general, then you too need this. If you are casual browser then this is definitely well worth a punt.

P.S. I originally posted this as a 4* review, but it has just continued to grow and grow.
Bryn