5 August 2012
Having recently purchased a new chimenea, the instructions advised that you need to seal the chiminda yearly to protect the unit from the elements. The reason being is that they can become porous to water, leading to cracks and if frost were to happen, no doubt it would crack.

This sealer is made by the same company who made my chimenea - so I am assuming it's a good quality product. The liquid is easy to apply. I managed to paint the chimenea in around 10 mins ( I have a small chimenea). I just poured the liquid in to a plastic container, and using a paintbrush, applied a liberal coating. It took 24 hrs to dry, and you are recommended not to use the chiminea for 48 hrs.

The only reservation I have is the cost - £15! The chiminea only cost £35! Having said that, this bottle will last me a lifetime as you only need a small amount and it goes a long way. So its 4* and strongly recommended.
10 people found this helpful