Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 16 December 2014
This is a fantastic idea and great product. My 15 month old son was always eager to see what was going on in the kitchen, but he's a little too heavy for me to carry and obviously it's not always safe to do so when preparing food. This allows him to see what's going on (though be sure to clear some space and make sure nothing dangerous is within arms reach). He loves it and I love introducing him to the kitchen environment in a fun way. I've been talking him through what I'm doing like a TV chef, which he seems to enjoy. The design perhaps could be improved with the addition of a more secure locking mechanism for the plate that your child stands on which is why I've not given it 5 stars, but on the whole we are delighted and can see we will get lots of use out of this product. My son's Gran and Grandpa (aka my parents) have even bought one for their house!

WARNING: Sleep deprived parents, please note the panel that your child stands on must lock in before your child stands in it. If it doesn't, you may need to pull it out and flip it around, so that the lip clearly stops it from sliding in and out. Someone else built the Kitchen Pod up for us as a gift, so I didn't see the instructions to see if this is clear in there. On one use our little boy managed to slide the panel out from underneath him and fell into the pod scraping the bag of his head - no serious injury and he was smiling again within seconds, however it was quite a fright for all of us and could have been worse - so please do take care when putting it together. It also helps to ensure the plate slot is facing the unit for added reassurance.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink