Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Learn more

25 May 2018
Not many books get me laughing out loud. Even fewer describe the rather strange but exciting world of a Christian mum so well.

The fictional Becky Hudson had me giggling and nodding my head frequently as I recognised so many familiar and subtle observations of children, in-laws, toddler groups, church life and home life. From the treasured home group meetings to the over-achieving friends (and their children), it was a rare but wonderful feeling of reading something which sounded like my own life.

Becky is relatable. She is not perfect, but she is trying to get things right. Sometimes she goes about it the wrong way.

... Adam came charging in. 'Mum, can you be goalie?'
I shook my head. 'Not now. I'm too tired. I was up at six, talking to Jesus' ...

The characters are brilliant and the plot works really well - I even identified with the mission trip by faith story-line, which was so refreshing to see in fiction. Some of the dialogue was a little weaker (with the non-Christians sounding a little stereotyped at times), but this didn't spoil it for me.

I really hope to be reading more of Becky's adventures in the future. A great read!
0Comment Report abuse Permalink