Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 25 January 2018
Bought these as a wireless set of headphones after buying my iPhone 8 plus and finding out that there was no 3.5mm jack in the bottom of the phone.
Initially I had the Jabra Coach v1.4.0 which had a normal cable with volume control and control button on the cable. As it was a normal cable, the twists it developed couldn't be straightened and this really played on my OCD so I had to replace them,

Been watching the BackBeat Fit now for some time and when the v2 came out, I felt they were a little extortionate for my pocket but nearly 12mths later I bit the bullet and bought them.

Initial thoughts are that they are comfortable to wear, the band round the back of your neck takes a bit of getting used to and the eat buds sit really lightly in your ear so don't cause too much distress with tightness of the ear canal like my Jabra Coach earphone buds did.

The downsize to this is I feel that this compromises the sound quality, particularly the bass level of the music you are listening to. If you press the ear buds into your ear or cover your ears with the palms of your hands, the sound quality is more crisp and the bass is increased. That said, I think I prefer these purely for the comfort point of view, i've had them on for 2hrs plus with no discomfort. The Jabra's wouldn't last 30mins before I was removing them to give my ears a rest.

I think that sound quality could be improved by giving users a choice of different types of ear buds to wear in different situations but for the purpose it was designed, I think these do more than an ample job.

The only other negative I can think of it that other headphones I've had and the previous version of the BackBeat FIT had a storage pouch and this new one does not; I've bought a 3rd party one for storage off Amazon.

Last negative is that the microusb charging cable is only about 12cm long meaning that charging it isn't the easiest but I had play of spares so this wasn't an issue for me
10 people found this helpful