23 May 2018
I love this book! I learned about it through the mysterious meandering magic of Instagram. And I bought it because I was curious what someone would have to say about what's new and fresh about a city I love visiting. I was not expecting such an amazing book.

The exploration of the changing scenes of food, coffee, patisserie, cocktails, shopping and more is so well researched and well written that it's joy to read. There's plenty of gorgeous photography to feed our now insatiable appetite for imagery. It's so much more than a travel guide; it's an insight to the evolution of Paris through each of these lenses. And as a bonus you learn about all the interesting and forward thinking renegades dragging a traditional culture into the future.

I used it to help plan my most recent visit to Paris and it was a faithful advisor to a wonderful experience. I'm looking forward to another visit to continue to explore the New Paris that is there to be discovered.

Worthy of each of the 5 stars.
2 people found this helpful