Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

31 December 2017
Wow, oh wow, Cheryl Elaine what a fabulous and disturbing read this was. From the first page I was on the edge of my seat and I raced through it in 24 hours. It was gripping, it was violent and it was graphic - please be warned if you don't like violent and graphic things this book is not for you!

Aimee is out on a night out with her best friend, Kelly, where things take a drastic turn. She's snatched up by what can only be described as monsters and when she wakes up, she discovers she's in a metal container with other strangers. What follows next is a very cruel game where gamekeepers kill and maim their victims in truly shocking ways.

I don't want to say too much about the plot as this was what really shocked me, I did go into the book blind although I was aware of the graphic content thanks to warnings from The Fiction Cafe group on FB from other readers.

At times I was gasping out loud and wincing at some of the details, Cheryl's details are brilliant and it really made you feel you were there with Aimee. I absolutely loved Cheryl's writing style, where she found the influence for this I have no idea but it was just fabulous.

I'm a huge horror movie fan and it felt a bit of a cross between Hostel and Saw, this book would make a sadistic and graphic movie that's for sure!

It's not all violence though, there is an underlying theme of human trafficking and the sheer willpower of Aimee to escape the brutality is overwhelming. Whilst I was reading this there was the question at the back of my mind - what would I do if I was Aimee? I honestly have no idea what the answer would be, I hope to never find out.

What an incredible debut novel from Cheryl Elaine, I'm excited to find out what delights she'll write next!
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink